Facilitator and Process Workshop
February 25th, 2012
NorthStar Center, Lansing
Introduction to Workshop
– Introduce Workshop Team
- Co-Facilitator: Kent
- Co-Facilitator: Kat
– Introduce Attendees
- Name and Occupation
Introduction to Process
– Review Hand Signals
– Consensus on Process
Agenda (5 min.)
– Review Workshop Purpose
- This is a Workshop focused on Process and Facilitator training, as well as an opportunity to share past experiences in regards to process and facilitation.
– Brief Agenda Review
– Agenda Plug-Ins
- Questions – Discussion at End
- Comments/Stack – Discussion at End
– Vibes Check on Agenda
Introduction to General Assemblies
– Introduce Workshop Style
- General Assembly Style
- What is a General Assembly?
- Brief History of GAs and Occupy
- How is a General Assembly formed?
- What is the purpose of a General Assembly?
The Importance of Process
– What is Direct Democracy?
– What is Consensus?
- Does this need consensus? (Chart)
– Why do we use process?
– Does the process always have to be the same?
– The importance of Consensus on Process
– Vibes Checker
Using General Assemblies and Process
– General Assemblies as used…
- No Camp
– Hand Signals
- I have something to say! (Chart)
Beyond the General Assembly
– Committee vs. Working Group (Chart)
- Point People vs. Committee Heads
- Leaders vs. Rulers
– Action Groups
– The Importance of Autonomous Action
– What’s in a name?
– Movement vs. Organization/Corporation
– Questions that weren’t covered
– Open Discussion
– Feedback, Other Questions/Comments